Monday, December 20, 2010

Integrating Technology Reflection

I am happy with the GAME plan I worked on. I still need to be more intentional using online inquiry. I think it could be a great way to get students more involved in their learning of math. During weeks six and seven of the course I also saw some exciting possibilities using online collaboration, especially with professionals who can share the importance of math, and digital storytelling. I can use both of these tools to facilitate both of my GAME plan goals. The digital storytelling will be extraordinarily helpful “to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity” which was my second goal. Working with students to help them visualize math problems and then showcase those visuals in a story that they can share with will be a very powerful tool.


For me, the thing I will come away from the class with that was a brand new idea is digital storytelling. Some of the different ways I could use it in my class to bring out the creativity in my students and to get them to feel more comfortable and confident with story problems are very exciting.

I will continue to spend more time getting my students to work on online inquiry but my most immediate adjustment to my instructional practice will be to build a digital story lesson into my next unit which will be systems of equations. This unit if perfectly timed because some great story problems come from systems of equations.

At this point I am ready to continue working on the GAME plan that I have put in place and I am going to make it a goal to add a few more goals on the GAME plan before the beginning of the next school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment